150,000+ ESSAYS

Find more results for this search now!
CLICK the BUTTON to the RIGHT!

Need a Brand New Custom Essay Now?  click here

Analysis of the Canadian Healthcare System

Analysis of the Canadian Healthcare System

The Canadian healthcare system affects each and every citizen of this country. People of every background, be it economic or cultural, rely on our hospitals and healthcare professionals to care for us in times of need. One of the many reasons that Canada is rated again and again to be the best country in the world to live in, is the fact that we can provide free basic healthcare to each and every citizen. But today in Canada, we are facing a healthcare crisis on many levels. Our hospitals are overcrowded, many of our top professionals choose to practice south of the border and our aging population must be cared for. These are just a few of the problems that must be dealt with quickly and effectively, to ensure the continued high standards of living we have come to enjoy.

I believe that the single most important issue when it comes to healthcare in Canada, is how federal dollars will be spent. How this process is handled directly regulates the quality and type of care patients in each province will receive. There has historically been conflict between the provincial and federal governments when it comes to deciding how these dollars will be spent, but I believe that I will be able to come to a fair agreement with each and every premier.

I propose that the federal spending be split 60:40, with 60% of the dollars being under the jurisdiction of the federal government and the remaining 40% to be spent at the discretion of the provincial governments. By doing this, the federal government could standardize many services, and be sure that be sure that no province is severely lacking in any one area. Each provincial government would then have the remaining sum of money to spend in areas that they feel need it. Under this new system, the tracking of how federal dollars are spent will be much more accurate, because a large sum is directly being spent by the federal government itself.

Another problem in the past with distribution of federal dollars has been with Quebec and other more conservative provinces, which are more weak federalists. With this new proposal, each province will be able to spend a significant amount how they see fit, without the federal government intruding.

A problem that is worsening in...

Sign In Now to Read Entire Essay

Not a Member?   Create Your FREE Account »

Comments / Reviews

read full essay >>

Already a Member?   Login Now >

This essay and THOUSANDS of
other essays are FREE at eCheat.

Uploaded by:  

Date:  

Category:   Economics

Length:   4 pages (794 words)

Views:   8019

Report this Essay Save Essay
Professionally written essays on this topic:

Analysis of the Canadian Healthcare System

View more professionally written essays on this topic »