Apple Ipod Marketing Plan
Uploaded by joeydaprof on Jun 12, 2006
-SWOT Analysis_______________________________________________ 4
-Competitor Analysis ___________________________________________ 6
Marketing Objectives__________________________________________ 7
Identifying Target Market
-Selecting Target Market_________________________________________7
Developing Marketing Strategies
Implementing the Marketing Plan__________________________________10
Monitoring and Controlling
-Developing a Financial Forecast____________________________________10
-Comparing actual and planned results________________________________11
-Revising the marketing strategies____________________________________11
The focus of this report is on new Apple Ipod product that has created increasing demands in various outlets.
This product allows consumers to download not only their favourite music but also books and other literature which can be read and listened to. Additionally this Ipod can be used in your car and in other mobile settings.
This report is for Apple to give a brief description of this product. Within this marketing report there is an insight of the situation analysis of this product, marketing objectives, the target market, marketing strategies that have been used and the forecasted strategies, monitoring and controlling.
• Management: Effective management is required for the training and development of employees for the continue innovation of Apple Ipod and for retraining sufficient funds during competitor introducing new product.
• Capital Availability: Competition may cause mishap in the cash flow. Sufficient funds must be available when competitors unpredictably put forward their product in the market.
• Technological Adoption: Technology must be adopted to improve overall efficiency. It must be integrated directly into operations (to increase productivity), as well stay on date with the amounts of Ipod’s ordered, made and delivered.
• Competitors: Competitors will regulate what, when, how and why strategies will be adopted. The introduction of new products will greatly influence Apple Ipod.
• Overseas Influences: The breaking down of barriers between countries can increase the sales of the new Apple Ipod, as more people are made aware of the product.
• Demographic Patterns: Males and females from the age of 12years and over will be in favour of this product because of its new innovation to be able to not only play music but also books and other literature which would in fact appeal to them.
X- The stage that Apple Ipod is currently in.