Pro Gun Persuasive Speech
Pro-gun persuasive speech
Specific Goals: I want to encourage gun ownership.
I. What is the foundation of modern technology? It's the history of the gun.
Thesis Statement: I will persuade you in that, (1) federal gun control laws are unconstitutional, and (2) I will prove the 2nd Amendment is both a "State" and "Individual Right."
I.The foundation of our country is based in English Bill of Rights and the American Revolution.
A. What is the difference between the Declaration of Independence, the U. S. Constitution and
the "Bill of Rights?"
1. The Declaration of Independence gives the reasons, as to why America wanted separation.
2. The Constitution gives the federal government certain powers.
3. The "Bill of Rights" limited the power of the federal government.
B. The views of gun control advocates.
1. Gun control saves lives.
2. When America was founded guns only shot one bullet at a time.
3. Gun control will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.
4. Children should not have guns.
5. Gun control will reduce the hazards to law enforcement.
6. If citizens carry guns, there will be daily shoot-outs in the streets.
7. We don't want to ban deer rifles, just assault rifles.
8. Why do you need an assault rifle?
9. The entertainment industry is not at fault, it's the gun's fault!
10. The 2nd is a collective right and not an "Individual Right."
C. My rebuttal to gun control advocates.
1. Vehicle control saves more lives than gun control.
2. The musket was an assault rifle, like the AK-47 is today.
3. If you...